A FICLS is a company limited by shares with a share capital divided into a specific number of shares of certain nominal value. In general, investors choose FICLS for the establishment of private equity funds or if they expect their company to be listed in the near future.
CHARACTERISTICS (FICLS in China)
- At least one Chinese shareholder is required in a FICLS.
- Investors own shares instead of equity interests.
- A FICLS can be either newly established or converted from an existing FIE.
- Important decisions need a two-thirds majority of vote casting by its shareholders presenting at a shareholders’ general meeting but not a unanimous vote.
FICLS can only engage in activities within its business scope.
FICLS are generally set up for listing purposes. Subject to approval, FICLS can issue shares to the public, and can be listed on the Shanghai or Shenzhen stock exchanges as well as on overseas stock exchanges.
-> This article may also be of interest to you : Investment Options in China – Contractual Options
To know more investment options, download our legal handbook related to foreign investment in China…
Register your trademark in China
China is the country receiving the largest number of trademark applications not only because it is a key market but also because starting business in China without registering your trademark... View Article
How to protect your trademark in China?
– File trademark applications in advance Unlike some other countries, which require, among other documentation, proof of use of a trademark in commerce before registration, CNIPA does not require the... View Article