This handbooks aims at describing the basics of employment laws and regulations in China
Labor contract & Employee Handbook
- Is it compulsory to sign a labor contract?
- Which information must be provided in the labor contract?
- Is it possible to set forth a probation period?
- How to draft a non-compete clause?
- How is seniority calculated?
- What is the use of an Employee Handbook?
Employment – General rules
- What are the mandatory working conditions for employees in the PRC?
- How to hire an intern?
- How to work with consultants/freelancers?
- What is a hukou and how can my Chinese employees obtain it?
Foreigners employment in China
- What are the special requirements for a foreign employee to be hired by an employer in China?
- What is the procedure for a foreign employee to obtain a Work Permit and a Residence Permit?
- What are the risks of hiring foreigners without work permits?
- Can a foreigner sign several part time labor contracts?
- What is labor dispatch?
- What are the restrictions of labor dispatching?
- Which issues arise with indirect employment?
Working hour systems
- What are the main working hour systems applied in China?
- How to deal with the overtime work?
Remuneration of employees
- How to calculate a net salary in China?
- How to calculate income tax for employees?
- Is it compulsory to pay social charges for employees in China?
- What other benefits can be granted to employees and are they subject to income tax?
- Which documents shall be prepared to prove payment of salary?
Managing employment disputes and terminating employment contracts
- How to resolve labor disputes in China?
- Under which circumstances can an employer dismiss an employee?
- How to dismiss an employee with poor performance?
- Under which circumstances is an employee entitled to financial compensation?
- How is financial compensation calculated?
- What are the rules applying to mass layoff in China?
- Is it possible to unilaterally terminate an employee because the company is facing financial difficulties?
- Who shall contribute to the trade union’s funds?
- In which situations shall the trade union be involved?
To know more, download our legal handbook related to employment law：